Lifestyle blogs are big news. Around the world an endless array of bloggers are willing to give us a glimpse into their daily lives and involve us in all their hobbies and interests. They’ve almost taken the place of the traditional lifestyle magazines and are certainly attracting the attention of advertisers who can see just how popular they are. Many of them are updated on a daily basis, providing short, sharp commentary and little snippets of entertainment – just perfect to browse through whenever we have ten minutes spare.
We’re lucky enough to have some brilliant blogging masterminds writing for us at Oak Furniture Land. From super stylish Kimberly’s guide to upping your shelfie game, to Parisian ex-pat Carole’s guide to decorating with sheepskin, to the uber-chic Jen’s tips for bringing concrete into the home – what these ladies don’t know about interior design isn’t worth knowing! But, with a blogosphere full of multi-talented ladies and gents willing to share their tips for a well-rounded lifestyle, it can be difficult to know where to look next. Luckily, we’ve got you covered. Read on to check out who we’ll be reading in 2016.
After growing up in the wilds of Somerset, Lou spent many years travelling the world before settling down with her family in Bristol. She started her blog after taking on an allotment in 2010 (hence the name) and has seen it grow into one of the UK’s leading lifestyle and travel blogs. If you love nature, travel, interiors and beautiful photography, then Lou is your lady.
- Already planning what to do with the kids when the weather warms up? Lou has some advice.
- Learn how to incorporate this year’s rose quartz colour into your life with these top tips.
- Instagram feed looking a little tired? Here’s some inspiration to spice it up.
Rosie lives in Surrey with her husband Jason, cocker spaniel Teddy and gorgeous new puppy Elsie. She began writing her blog as a testament to her Grandma who kept a diary for almost 80 years, documenting her ability to find joy in even the simplest things. Taking this positive approach, Rosie’s blog includes photos and stories from her everyday life as well as recipes, creative inspiration and a weekly list of the things that make her happiest.
- Rosie’s 2016 to-do list might just inspire you to write your own.
- Thinking about start a lifestyle blog of your own? This fantastic photographer’s guide to her camera kit will get you off to the right start.
- This Panettone French Toast might not be the most January-friendly breakfast, but we won’t tell if you won’t!
Poppy lives in London and writes about everything and anything that makes her smile. A blogger and brand consultant, she is constantly running around the capital reviewing events, cafés, restaurants, fashion boutiques, and generally seeking out all that is great and good in the city. She has also set up an online book club where members come together to talk about all sorts of things, but especially their latest read.
- Has winter got you dreaming of summer sunshine? Poppy’s guide to island-hopping will give you the inspiration you need.
- We’re a long way from Halloween, but this guide to London’s Top 5 Haunted Pubs is spooky enough for any time of year!
- If you’re looking to get crafty this year, Poppy’s guide to knitting knits made simple could be perfect for you.
This blog is not written by Betty at all, but creative consultant and online writer Jaclyn. After moving from a tiny rural village in Scotland to the big smoke in 2009, she started keeping a diary about settling into city life. It quickly blossomed into a lifestyle blog full of tips, hints and musings, with her writing focussing on food, travel, inspiration and fashion.
- Planning on some winter sun? Then you need Jaclyn’s guide to shopping for a summer holiday in winter.
- We love this recipe for delicious gluten free pizza (yes, it’s a thing!).
- Are you a freelance worker, or just like getting a bit more done in the comfort of your own home? Check out these tips for working from home in the winter.
This guy’s got style! Will started his super stylish blog back in 2009, documenting his love of colourful design, fashion and travel. His ‘make you smile style’ is guaranteed to brighten up your day, as are his DIY guides and weekly reflections on things learned and loved over the weekend. This English boy is now based in New York, so live vicariously through his gorgeous photography and fascinating guides to city life.
- If anyone knows colour, it’s this guy! Check out these three ways to ace colour and pattern in your bedroom.
- Planning some summer sun? This guide to the Balearic’s should get your wanderlust going.
- Get some cheer in your kitchen with – you guessed it – lots and lots of colour!
Originally from Warrington, Laura now lives in London where she works for an investment bank in the city. This multi-talented lady started her blog for a bit of fun during her time at university, writing about her adventures here and abroad – and the rest is history! Tune into Laura’s blog to find a daily sprinkling of the best places to eat, drink and have fun.
- On a January detox, but don’t want to miss going out for dinner? Laura has the perfect guide to January detoxing in London.
- Top tips for your first time skiing – perfect for any newbies hitting the slopes soon!
- Fly in luxury, without the price tag! Read Laura’s guide to flying first class, cheap.
Fritha lives in Bristol with her husband Tom, toddler Wilf, new baby Mabli and cats Rockie and Maddie. She writes a lifestyle blog about the modern vintage home and how they’ve transformed their run down property with blood, sweat and tears, help from friends and lots of cups of tea. Taking in tales of family life, interior design, fashion, travel and just about anything you can think of, she has already been ranked highly in many parenting, home and interior blogger lists. Get your Pinterest boards ready!
- We love this beautifully written post on what home means to Fritha, as she raises a growing family.
- Five handy hacks to keep out the cold – which we definitely need this month!
- If you’re a new Mum, you’ll love this great guide to how Fritha uses her Pacapod changing bag.
Mari, short for Marianne, has been writing her family lifestyle blog for over 5 years. She lives in the South of England and is mum to four children as well as now also being a grandmother. She blogs about her greatest passions in life; food, travel and family, as well as caravan and camping holidays on the coast.
- We could all do with a bit more sleep in our lives, so Marianne has put together the perfect guide.
- Off on a caravan holiday this year? Marianne’s print-ready PDF of essentials will be a lifesaver!
- If Santa left a slow cooker under the tree for you, check out Marianne’s 10 recommended slow cooker recipes for inspiration.
Lauren is a self proclaimed biscuit scoffer and mother of two small children. After reading other blogs and looking for a new hobby she started out writing about fashion, beauty and travel but has focussed more on her experience as a parent since her daughter was born. Lauren says she tends to waffle a bit but that hasn’t stopped her being listed in the top ten baby blogs for 2015. Well done Lauren!
- Use mirrors and lighting to brighten up your home, with Lauren’s interior inspiration.
- Check out how to style up your Hunter wellies this winter.
- This fettucine Bolognese is the perfect winter warmer, and a great recipe to have under your belt!
Zena is a 40 year old Nottingham mum with three children aged 17, 3 and 1. When faced with several life changing events she created her parenting, travel and lifestyle blog as a route to discover what really makes her happy. Now she writes about embracing the joys of parenting (and coping with the trials and tribulations of it), spending time with her family and coping with everyday challenges.
- If you’ve got a teen doing their A Levels at home, this lovely letter might be just what they need.
- Get your wanderlust going with this dreamy post about Iceland.
- If you’re lucky enough to be jetting off to for a city break this year, this guide to what to pack for New York in winter is perfect.
Laura is a South African expat who lives in Wales with her barber husband and two sons. She’s a freelance writer and photographer with a passion for travel, fashion, homes and interiors. They love to eat good food, dress well and experience the great outdoors as much as they can. Their blog is a collection of beautiful images and online inspiration.
- If you haven’t planned your 2016 holiday yet, Laura’s travel wishlist might be just what you need.
- Summer feels like a long way away at the moment, so check out Laura’s guide to cosying up your home this winter.
- It’s never too early for a spring clean! Why decluttering your home is good for the soul.
Do you often spend your lunch break catching up on the latest lifestyle reads, or your weekends being inspired by blogs? We want to hear about it! If you write a lifestyle blog or have a favourite that inspires you, let us know and we’ll be sure to check it out.